What Does Participation Involve?
For this research, your child may participate in an EEG session, a behavioral session, or both. (For more information about EEG and our other testing procedures, visit the ‘Info for Parents’ page).
We will be testing at the:
Weingarten Children’s Center, Redwood City, CA
CCHAT Center, Sacramento, CA
Hearing, Speech & Deaf Center (HSDC), Seattle, WA
We encourage families to visit us at our lab at the UC Davis, Center for Mind and Brain,
267 Cousteau Place, Davis, CA 95618.
Visit the ‘Contact Us’ page for more info.
We have more than one project and some require only one visit. Other projects are longitudinal studies, so we hope that families will be able to participate multiple times over the course of the project. A longitudinal study will help us better understand important developmental changes that take place over time as your child gets older and how these changes may relate to your child’s brain development.
During participation, each session could take between 30 minutes to one hour.
Parents of CI-using children will receive a gift card and all children can pick out a toy from our prize box!
- We are seeking deaf children with cochlear implants who:
- are between the ages 18 months to 13 years old, and
- have been using their cochlear implant(s) for at least 6 months.
- We are also seeking typically developing hearing children between the ages of 12 months to 13 years of age.
- We are seeking children, deaf or with typical hearing, who know American Sign Language and are between the ages of 2 years – 12 years.
Questions? Sign Up
If you have any questions or would like to participate, please call (530) 754-4513 or email Sharon Corina at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the speech recognition project, please email Elizabeth Pierotti at email@example.com.